I have always been into self knowledge. Even when I was going to Church or talking to a Muslim friend, I tried to learn something to better myself so as to become the best version of myself.
When I heard spirituality, the association I had in my head were words like yoga, rocks that are magical – apparently – and horoscopes. However, one day, I went down a rabbit whole. I think started with a documentary on quantum physics, in which it was explained that everything is energy.
After that, I came across several videos on YouTube where people were talking about chakras as centres of energy in the body.
A particular series of videos stuck with me. At the end of each video talking about each different chakra, the woman would ask a few questions that made me reflect on my own life.
When I meditate, I usually go through the chakras and check on myself through these questions.
Whether or not you believe in it, that’s okay. This is just my particular intake of what I’ve read and heard and watched about chakras. If it helps, great, if not, great too.
- What does make me feel grounded?
- Do I feel secure (physically/financially)?
- What makes me feel inspired?
- How long has it been since I’ve done something creative?
- Solar Plexus
- What am I hesitating to do?
- What makes me feel confident in myself?
- Am I open to receive love?
- Do I have healthy boundaries (for myself and others)?
- What am I not saying?
- How am I saying things?
- Third Eye
- What am I focusing on in my life?
- Is there something I feel I should be doing?
- How do I feel connection?
- What am I doing with my time?