Nowadays, it’s easy to get caught up in other people’s Instagram pictures and their life. Social media can be a blessing to keep in touch with family and friends who live far away from us, but also a curse if we compare our lives to strangers who seem to be continuously on vacation.
Sure you can think “I’m going to get off social media and only focus on my life”, but we are human. It’s normal to have these feelings of wanting what other people have, specially if it looks as cool as being one day in Rome and the next in Thailand.
What has helped me it’s to be a tourist in my own city, thinking of ways to switch it up and not fall into monotony.
- Find a new coffee shop/restaurant
- Find events near you (facebook groups, meetup.com)
- Think of your hobbies and look for activities around your area
- Go to a guided tour (some are even free)
- Make your own guided tour: research about the History of your city
- Try geocaching
- Do some volunteering
It helps you feel refreshed, you see the city with new eyes and it takes you out of your confort zone.